Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Diane Ruth Porter


Diane R. Porter, age 70, of Alexandria, KY., died Monday, February 15, 2010, at Saint Elizabeth Hospice Center in Edgewood, KY. Mrs. Porter was a retired employee of Redken Laboratories. She was a volunteer at Saint Elizabeth Hospital Edgewood in the emergency room & also a volunteer at Saint Elizabeth Hospice Unit Edgewood. She was the daughter of the late Glen Donald Jackson and the late Marjorie Clara Jackson (nee Mettler).
She wa preceded in death by her husband Gordon Porter November 3, 2003.
She is survived by her
Three Sons,
Son-Alan Porter of Alexandria, KY.
Son-Mike Porter of Alexandria, KY.
Son-Dan Porter of Dallas, TX.
Grandson Johnathan Porter of Dallas, TX.
Sister-Debi Wandrew of Irvine, CA.
Brother-David Jackson of Tempe, AZ.
Visitation 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Thursday, February 18, 2010 Alexandria Funeral Home. Mass of Christian Burial 11:00 AM Friday, February 19, 2010 at Saint Mary Catholic Church. Interment will be at Loma Vista Memorial Park, Fullerton, CA. Memorial to American Cancer Society.

3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Patti Scales. I met your mother Diane for the first time last March at St. Ann's Convent at a St. Mary's CHRIST RENEWS HIS PARISH retreat. She sat next to me the entire weekend and was such an inspiration to me. I was struggling with the death of my father and my husband's father both in 2008. She shared many of her wonderful stories of life experiences, which I am truly thankful as they helped me tremendously. I believe God gives us ANGELS here on earth. I know because Diane was an Angel to me. I will hold her memory close to my heart. Love in Christ, Patti Scales

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincere condolences to Diane's family. Diane was a wonderful lady. She cared about family, friends and others. She was an Angel here on earth. I first met Diane in 1996 and she became my mother-in-law in 1997. We had many good years together as a family, some bad, but mostly good. I know her loved ones left here will miss her something terrible, but she is in Heaven now with her husband and other loved ones that proceeded her. She is no longer suffering and her spirit can be happy and that is a wondrous thing. Her memory will live on in the hearts of many. I will never forget her. Love Teresa Porter

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sincere condolences to Dan, Alan and Mike. I have known your Mom for many, many years. I will always remember our trips to the River over 4th of July. Your Mom was a very special lady. She is a peace now, with your Dad, and also with our good friends Bev and Bill. Do remember, she is with always.
    Judy Spry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!