Saturday, June 12, 2010

Timothy "Gene" McNamara


Timothy "Gene" McNamara, age 79, of Alexandria, Ky., died Thursday, June 10, 2010, at home.
Mr. McNamara was born born January 25, 1932 in Lexington, KY son of the late Timothy E. & Elizabeth (nee Malone) McNamara.
Mr. McNamara was a retired employe by Interstate Brands.after 31 yrs. & he also worked at A. J. Jolly Park for 19 yrs. He served in the Army during the Korean Conflict. He also was a member of Teamsters Local 100 Cincinnati, OH.
He is survived by his wife of 33 yrs. Majorie (Bay) McNamara of Alexandria, KY;
Three Daughters,
Kimberly (McNamara) Brun of Melbourne, KY.
Mary Karen (McNamara) Riley of Silver Grove, KY.
Kristin (McNamara) Ripberger of Alexandria, KY.
One Son,
Patrick McNamara of Melbourne, KY.
Three Sisters,
Peggy McNamara of Brooksville, KY.
Joan Jett of Germantown, KY.
Jay Jefferson of Brooksville, KY.
Twelve grandchildren
Twelve great-grandchildren
Visitation 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM Monday, June 14, 2010 at the Alexandria Funeral Home. A second visitaton Tuesday, June 15, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM with Mass of Christian Burial following at Saint James Church Brooksville, KY. Interment will be at Saint James Cemetery in Brooksville, KY. Memorials to ALS Association 2807 Amsterdam Road Villa Hills, KY 41017.

8 comments:

  1. to the mcnamara family - our deepest sympathy and condolences on the loss of your father. we know it sounds cliche, but truly if there's any way we can be of help please don't hesitate. your family is in our prayers. i work with pat.

    steve and kimberly larkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie, Kim, Karen, Christy and Patrick,

    We want to extend our sympathy to your family.
    We were very sorry to hear of Gene's death. You all will be in our prayers.
    God Bless!!

    Bob and Dorothy Douglas
    Marietta, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all my family - my deepest sympathy to all of you.I am so sorry for your loss- times will be so empty for a while but remember Time does heal.
    Uncle Genie not only being my uncle but my Godfather I will be at peace knowing now that he is out of pain and looking down on us -You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Also you know I am here if you need anything - Love to all
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. To: Pat, Kim, Karen, and Christie..... you all have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your Dad, Uncle Genie was and will always be my favorite Uncle. The memories tha tI will carry with me to my grave of our rabbit hunts when I was a kid will never be forgotten. I'm so sorry that I can't be with you all during this hurtful time, but you all are in my thoughts and prayers. I love You ALL and I Loved Your Father, My Favorite Uncle...Cuz Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Majorie our sympathy and prayers are with you and your family with your loss of Gene.

    The Coffman Family
    John Sr., Myrt, & John Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your thought's and prayer's!! This is truly the hardest time of our live's and we miss Dad with each passing moment!! I don't think our heart's have ever hurt so bad, but knowing that Dad is an angel with Jesus now and that he is no longer suffering from the horrible affect's of Lou Gerhig's Disease(ALS)does give us some peace!! "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD" we love and miss you more than word's can say!! We know you are with us, we feel your presence and we look forward to the day when we will see you again in Heaven!!
    I Love You Forever Dad,
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS-OUR DAD FOUGHT ALS WITH EVERY OUNCE OF ENERGY HE HAD-SUCH A STRONG-WILLED MAN-OUR HERO!!!!! I MISS YOU DAD SO MUCH AND AS KAREN SAID WE FEEL YOUR PRESENCE AND WE KNOW YOU ARE AT PEACE-I LOVE YOU- KIM!XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  8. We would like to express our deepest sympathy in the loss of Gene. We have received a number of donations in honor of Mr. McNamara. If you need anything please do not hesitate to let us know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!