Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Margaret Hardy


Margaret Hardy, 89, of Alexandria, KY., died Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at the River Valley Nursing Home Butler, KY. She was former owner\operator of the Butler Restaurant in Butler, KY & a dry goods store in Alexandria, KY. She was preceded in death by a sister, Dorothy Lemos & a brother, Bill Alford. She is survived by her husband, Jeff Richard Hardy; a daughter, Donna Young of Alexandria, KY; two grandsons, Greg & Jeff Young both of Alexandria, KY; a sister Alma Chalk of lexington, KY. Also survived by three great grandchildren, Conner Robinson, Anna & Addyson Young. Visitation 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM Friday, March 30, 2012 at Saint Luke Lutheran Church Cold Spring. Funeral service 1:00 PM Friday at the church. Interment Alexandria Cemetery Alexandria, KY. Memorials to Saint Luke Lutheran Church 4800 Alexandria Pike Cold Spring, KY 41076.

5 comments:

  1. Jerry and Janet PainterMarch 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

    Dick and Family: Jerry and I were so sorry
    to hear about Margaret's passing. Please know
    you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg and Young,

    I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Remember all the good times you had with her over the years.

    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, Dick, Jeff, and Greg:

    Aunt Marg was one of the sweetest, kindest, compassionate people I have ever known. She always made a point to celebrate my birthday when I was a child by making me my favorite dish "homemade noodles".

    When I visited her last August at the nursing home, she caressed my cheek and reminded me of how much I looked like my father... She will be missed.

    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia Trapp OsborneMarch 30, 2012 at 8:28 AM

    With deepest sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna Sue and family,
    Your Mom had more then a great influence on her family, she was to many a kind, sweet, loving, respected christian woman. I remember the little trips I took with you and your Mom when we were children. She was always so generous to me. A tangerine outfit stands out that she gave me. I probably wore it for ten years. The peaceful dinners at your grandparents home were quit a change for me coming from such a large family. Your grandpa gave me the nick name ,"Blondie" when I was a real blonde. We know she is with the Lord and at peace but her little visits to hundreds or more will be what is missed the most by all who loved her.
    God's blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!