Monday, July 19, 2010

Vernon Watson

Mr. Vernon Forest Watson, age 86, of Alexandria, Ky., died Friday, July 16, 2010, at Baptist Convalescent Center in Newport, KY. Mr. Watson was employed by General Electric as a tool and dye machinist, a WWII Vet, and a member of the honor guard at the Nuremburg Trials.
He is preceded in death by his wife Gladys.
He is survived by his
Son, Gale Watson of Alexandria, KY.
Daughter, Dianna Robinson of Alexandria, KY.

Two Sisters,
Freda Abney of Newport, KY.
Margie Vincent of Texas
Seven grandchildren
Nine great-grandchildren

Visitation from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM Tuesday, July 20. Funeral service will be at Alexandria Funeral Home at 10:30 AM Wednesday, July 21. Interment will be at Alexandria Cemetery in Alexandria, Ky.

2 comments:

  1. Gail and Dianna, i just can't stop thinking that my dad was calling Vernon to join him. They are both in a better place and I am sure as Gail has sung "Wish You Where Here". I visited your dad a few times over the years with my dad and will always remember Uncle Vernon's big smile. My prayers are with you over the next few days. May God be holding you in the palm of his hand. Love, Joey Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great guy! I worked in activities at Lakeside and I thought Vernon was such a neat person, with the stories he would tell and the songs he would sing. He was always helping out where he was able. I haven't seen Vernon since I left Lakeside in 2003 but, I have thought of him often. God Bless You And My Deepest Sympathy To The Family! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!