Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gordon Lee Baker


Gordon Lee Baker, 73, of Alexandria, KY, passed away Friday, December 14, 2012 Saint Elizabeth Edgewood. Gordon was former carpet installer for Schnitzler Carpet and a current  employee with County Market in Alexandria, KY. He was a member & greeter at Immanuel Baptist Church of Cold Spring, KY. He was preceded in death by a sister, Margie Gray & a brother, Ronald Baker. He is survived by his wife, Margaret Works Baker; a son, Brian (Amanda) Baker; two brothers, Larry (Linda) Baker & Gary (Donna) Baker;  three sisters, Lois Eversol, Garnet Whitaker & Bonnie (Merl) Leap. Visitation 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Monday, December  17, 2012 at Immanuel Baptist Church,  1237 Rocky View Drive, Cold Spring, KY. Funeral service 11:00 AM Tuesday at the Church. Interment Alexandria Cemetery Alexandria, KY. Alexandria Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.

6 comments:

  1. I will miss you Uncle Gordy so very much, I guess you were needed up in heaven for something bigger and better. Love and miss you Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even thou we will miss you, I know you are in heaven with Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Margie, Grandma and Grandpa Baker and Grandpa and Grandma Trapp. Also with Grandma and Grandpa Obert and Grandpa Fagin welcoming those little children into heaven's gate's with open arms and helping them through the transition. Telling them it will be okay and they are not alone. God Bless you and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We lost a great man today. My uncle, Gordon Lee Baker, dads brother. He was just like my dad, always a smile, never met a stranger & had that joyous laugh. I passed down my piggybank, he gave to me when I turned 1, to my granddaughter, Ella, on her 1st birthday. I'm sure he, dad, Margie, grandma & grandpa are really having a time together. Uncle Gordy, I will always love you & will never be forgotten. Love you, Nessie....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss you my brother. Our days together was cut too short. Will miss your joyous laughter at our family gatherings. I guess you were the greatest greeter on earth and God needed you there to be his greeter. You, Renee and Ronald will keep heaven joyful as you all had great personalities. You may be gone from this place to a better one but you will never be forgotten. Love you - your sister Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts and prayers to the family.
    Bonnie and Merle ou are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Craig and Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be missed deeply here Uncle Gordy but never forgotten. You were such a special person and for everyone that knew you was a better person for having meet you. I don't think I hardly ever raise your voice in anger and always had that smile. Your love and dedication not just to God but to all your family and friends will live forever. I Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!