Monday, October 5, 2015

Keith Todd Schafer

Keith “Todd” Schafer, age 56, of Cold Spring, KY passed away on Sunday, October 4, 2015 at St. Elizabeth Hospice, Edgewood, KY.  He was a 1977 graduate of Waggener High School in Louisville, KY. Todd was a beloved member of the Bishop Brossart High School family where he was the sports announcer and active in the school community.  He was the Activities Director at the Alexandria Community Center and was the host of the much loved Crooner’s Christmas.  Todd will forever be remembered for his beautiful voice and his kind and generous heart.  He was preceded in death by his parents, Lee and Joyce Schafer.  He is survived by his loving siblings, Stephen (Jama) Schafer of Elizabethtown, KY and Emily J. Schafer of Louisville, KY; niece, Heather Walker; nephew, Jeremy Schafer; 3 great-nieces and 1 great-nephew.  Visitation will be held on Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 3:00pm to 8:00pm at the Alexandria Funeral Home, 325 Washington St., Alexandria, KY 41001.  A second Visitation will be held on Thursday, October 8, 2015 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm at the Alexandria Community Center, 8236 W. Main St., Alexandria, KY 41001 with the Funeral Service following at the Alexandria Community Center beginning at 2:00pm. Memorial Donations are suggested to: Bishop Brossart Athletic Fund or The American Heart Association or Any Hospice Organization.  Condolences can be left below.

4 comments:

  1. will miss you greatly, have known and worked with you many years

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always remember you Todd! What a great guy and a wonderful friend to myself, my brother Mike Medley and many, many others. I have only heard good things about you, and not everyone can claim that compliment. My parents loved you. My fondest memories are of you in high school as our infamous president. Thanks for taking me to weddings where I got to hear you sing, what a beautiful voice you had. You will be missed for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, my heart is broken. You were my friend for many years. Emily I am praying for you and your family

    Pam Eason

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great guy. I always enjoyed going to the Reds games with him. Of course working funerals, I always enjoyed hearing him sing and listening to his many stories!

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!