Thursday, August 23, 2012

John Stephan Romo

John Stephan Romo, 59, of Alexandria, KY., passed away on  August 21, 2012 at St. Elizabeth Hospice in Ft. Thomas, KY.  He is survived by his mother, Marian "Jean" Romo, and aunt, Mary Ellen Lucas. Stephan worked for Cincinnati & Los Angeles Zoos and also at Sungai Dusun Malaysia Wildlife Reserve as a Zoo Keeper for large hoofed stock, primarily the care and breeding of Black and Sumatran rhinos (both are endangered species). Alexandria Funeral Home serving the family. Services at the convenience of the family. Memorials to: "Rhino Conservation" Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens 3400 Vine St. Cincinnati, OH 45220. Online condolences can be given at alexandriafh.com.

7 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss -- please contact me if you need anything at all.
    Sallie Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve was a wonderful man who blessed the world with his knowledge of animals. He was a thoughtful friend. Mrs. Romo I am so sorry for your loss.
    Melissa Lohstroh Swingle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Romo,
    Mom and I are so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Andy and Teri Sherlock

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Steve's incredible love and care of animals will be remembered by so many people worldwide. Sincerely, Emilie Gelwicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest sympathy to you and your family on Steve's passing. God bless you! Pam R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean
    My heart is heavy because of your loss. Your love for animals was instilled in Steve at an early age. And he cared so much for those animals. I often think back at some of the good times we all had growing up together.

    Mary Nell Sutherland Boeckman

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Steve's Family and Friends,

    Steve's deep devotion to the animals in his care and his career commitment to wildlife conservation, were inspiring and touching. He was a friend and zoo colleague many, many years ago, but I will miss him like I saw him yesterday - I wish I had. To his dear family and closest friends, I hope you can find comfort in knowing how much he helped the animals of the world, and that he will always be remembered.

    With heartfelt condolences, Joyce Turner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!