Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Charles Edward Neace


Charles Edward Neace, age 71, of Norwood, OH passed away peacefully at his home on March 20, 2013.  Charles was  born in Little, Kentucky to parents Cicero and Leanna Napier Neace on March 4, 1942. He was an Army Veteran and a retiree of Siemens, Norwood, OH. After retiring in 2004 he became a devoted grandfather and enjoyed his daily trips to River Downs. It was also well known that he was a loyal Kentucky Wildcats fan, rooting them on every game from his comfy recliner.  He will forever be remembered for his quick wit, wonderful smile, kind heart and his love for his children. Preceded in death by his parents; brother, Cornell Neace; and sisters, Pearlie Neace, Cloma Mullins and Oma Miller. He is survived by his four children, Michael Neace, Debora Neace, Charles “Craig” (Monique) Neace and Ruth (Michael Faraco) Neace; brothers, Melvin (Esther) Neace and Taylor (Dolores) Neace; sister, Margie Bush; proud grandfather of Savannah and Nathaniel. Visitation will be held on Sat, March 23, 2013 at the Alexandria Funeral Home, 325 Washington Street, Alexandria, KY 41001 from 2pm-4pm with Funeral Services following at 4pm. 
Online Condolences: alexandriafh.com

6 comments:

  1. Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He was a nice man. I hope you and your family are doing well. Your old friend Chris Naish Biggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in Peace my dear sweet Great-Uncle Edward. Charming, honest, sincere, and laughter that could fill room. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathies to this family. Our family grew up at Little, Ky. and was friends to Edward and his family as he was growing up.
    The Bush Family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda Vaughn (Scholl)March 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

    I'm still in disbelief that your gone..I'm frightened that this may be a stage of my life I'm un prepared for. My heart aches for your children. I've known you most all my life, your my family. My memories will always be your humor, quick wit, opinionated conversation, but never intimidating. Always gentle and smiling and a laugh that tickled me everytime I heard it. Thank you for being my second family. Thank you for the gift of your family. Your daughter Ruth. My life long friend, I will forever be in your debt. God Bless You Charles. Love Always

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lois Mullins LittleMarch 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM

    Uncle Edward,I have a head and heart full of memories of you that will last a lifetime. I am so hapy that you were a part of my life for the 62 yrs I have beem on this earth. I will continue to carry on that Neace tradition I learned from first from grandma, and was re-enforced by you, that was the ability to quickly examine a situation,grasp an understanding, tell it like it is and call a spade a spade . If it was the truth you let it rip, come hell or high water. Like you, some of my truths are considered old fashioned and, at times politically incorect, but I am strong enough to stand by my convictions,and they have served me well over the years. I am a better person for the lessons I learned from you. This you left for your children who will pass them on to future generations of Neaces. All families should be so blessed as to have such an example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce Napier MullinsMarch 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM

    To Edwards Family.My name is Joyce Napier Mullins.I really never got to know your father however I attened his wedding years ago.He married my 1st. cousin Betty.My father and Bettys father were brothers.My fathers name is Arnett Napier. I remember your father being a very handsome man.I want you to know I'm very sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you all that the Lord will get you through this trying time.I was just reading the Jackson Times(I live in Breathitt Co.)and had always remembered his name being Charles Edward Neace
    May God bless your family. My parents Arnett & Josephine Napier also sends thier condolences.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!