Wednesday, March 6, 2013

William Thomas Ries

William Thomas Ries, 70, of California, KY passed away on March 5, 2013. He graduated from the University of Cincinnati and served in the US Airforce. Through his life he served in various fields of law enforcement. William is preceded in death by his brother, J.D. Alexander. He is survived by his wife, Mary (Rauch), son, William T. Ries Jr.(Kelly); Daughter, Teri Ries; Brother, Joe Ries; grandchildren, Jacob, Bailey, and Sydney Ries. Memorial gathering on Saturday, March 9th from 2-4 PM at the Alexandria Fire Department, 7951 Alexandria Pike Alexandria, Kentucky 41001. Memorials to: Charity of your choice. Online condolences at alexandriafh.com.

5 comments:

  1. Bill, was a wonderfully friendly and genuine nice man. I had the pleasure of knowing him for eight years while working at the U.S. District Court. I will miss his smile and laughter each morning. Coming to work will not be the same without our shared jovial moments. To the Reis family, my prayers will continue to be with you all. Sincerely, Mercee Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to Mary Ann and the family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sincerely, Sr. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faris, Rube, Missy and KeithMarch 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM

    Bill was a wonderful loving person. Always with a smile. I had the pleasure of knowing him for many years. We will miss him and miss making his chili cheese sandwich with love and care. May god bless his soul.
    The folks at the Mt. Healthy Gold Star Chili.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were very sad to read of Bill's passing. I met him at the Hollywood Theatre when my brother, Bob Horton, was manager there. He continued a friendship with Bob and his family and me for many years after. He was a good, geniune man with a sweet soul. Though we had not seen him for some time, his friendship touched us all and stayed with us.
    Our condolences to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Bill. He always spoke highly of his family. I've known Bill while working at the Potter Stewart Federal Courthouse. He was always there to greet us in the morning with a smile and a warm hello, greeting each of us by name. He will be missed by many. My condolences to all of you, Eloise Hirschauer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!