Saturday, April 6, 2013

Phoebe Marie Mays Stahl


Phoebe Marie Stahl (nee Mays), 72, of Alexandria, KY, passed away on Friday April 5, 2013 at Saint Elizabeth Fort Thomas. She retired from the Internal Revenue Service, Covington, KY. Phoebe was a member of Church of Christ of Alexandria, Past Worthy Matron of Alexandria Order of the Eastern Star #337 & Past Grand Guardian of Job’s Daughters of KY. She was preceded in death by her husband, Samuel Gayle Stahl, her parents, Jess & Willena (Petty) Mays& a brother, Charles Mays. Phoebe is survived by her daughter, Lisa (Scott) Napier; 3 grandsons, Joshua, Jacob & Jared Napier; a sister, Emma (David) Shipp; 2 brothers, Robert (Jan) Mays & Don (Helen) Mays. Visitation 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Tuesday, April 9, 20123 with funeral services beginning at 12:00 PM at the Alexandria Funeral Home with Reverend Bob Cannon officiating. Interment will be in the Mount Auburn Cemetery, Mount Auburn, KY. Memorials may be made to Milestone LLC, 12372 Riggs Road, Independence, KY 41051 or to the Church of Christ of Alexandria, 1054 Poplar Ridge Road, Alexandria, KY 41001.

5 comments:

  1. To the Family of Mrs. Phoebe Stahl,

    I was so saddened to hear about the passing of your Beloved Mother. Mrs. Phoebe was such a sweet and kind lady. I met her at the IRS, and she would always speak to me when we would see each other in the parking garage. She so looked forward to retiring and being able to be "MaMa Phoebe" all the time. Weeping may endure for the night, but JOY comes in the morning.

    Rest In Paradise,

    Jacqueline Lee Burch & Family
    IRS Co-Worker

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the Family and Friends of Mrs. Phoebe Stahl,

    My heart and prayers go out to all of you on the sudden death of your Mother, Grandmother and Mother-In-Law. Phoebe and I talked many times about her grandsons and she loved them dearly. She always showed me their newest pictures and I enjoyed talking to her about them. I was sad to see her retire because she was a very Special Lady and friend. Please know that I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers at this trying time.

    Patty Grimes
    Computer Lady at IRS

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you Lisa,Scott and the boys. Phoebe was like a sister to me and I haven't hurt like I am now for a very long time. She is not suffering anymore and can see all. She will be by your side and I hope mine from time to time. If when I come up the end of May if there is anything I can do Please let me know Love Stella Mitchell retired IRS employee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Phoebe, Rest in peace, you are sadly missed. Doris Kidd A friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. We extend to you and your family our deepest sympathy. When love ones become memories our memories become our treasures.
    Love to you,
    Terry & Charlene Kennedy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment!